Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fake Roses Fake Laugh

Hey there, 
So as promised here is a review of some lipsticks I recently bought. (Well, sort of recently.) I chose the Lime Crime lipstick in Airborne Unicorn and the Topshop lipstick in Saint. 


I ordered Airborne Unicorn online and was happily surprised that it came quite quickly. I'm a sucker for cute packaging and although it was disguised as a plain white box at first, once I opened it it revealed its true unicorned, polka dotted, pink fantastic-ness. Only Lime Crime would have packaging this fab. 


  Again with the packaging.

It goes on smoothly and the pigment seems evenly distributed. It stays on nicely throughout the day and doesn't smear easily. It goes on fairly evenly though I did have to go back and fill a few places in when I first applied it. The color is really great, it's not too neon and not too dark which I like and which also makes it feel more wearable. All in all this lipstick has quickly become one of my signature colors and I would highly recommend it.

 I bought this lipstick at a Topshop in LA a few months ago and can't say I feel it was worth the fairly expensive price (16 dollars.) I actually meant to get a different shade (this is probably part of the problem) but read the label wrong. It is still a lovely color but I have barely worn it since I bought it. It goes on quite creamy and does not spread evenly at all which is frustrating. It smears pretty easily and and the formula isn't that great. The packaging and color are cute but for the price and results I wouldn't recommend it.

 It looks much lighter when you put it on, not as peachy.
Observe, a Wild Lillie in the natural habitat of her closet, trying to be cute or something.


I hope you all are having a lovely week, catch you later.
xx,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment