Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hi there, 
So today I’m combining an outfit post with a review of my new lipstick, Airborne Unicorn from Lime Crime. This outfit was mainly inspired by sassy grannies and feminist librarians. The scarf is my mum’s lucky traveling head scarf but I kind of want to steal it. I’m not usually a fan of leopard print but I can stand it in small doses. I got the necklace on Etsy from Kate Rowland and am absolutely obsessed with it. The shirt is from Brandy Melville and I don’t wear it often because I feel like I have to live up to said sassiness which is not always easy. The rings are from Urban Outfitters, a Tibetan market and Etsy. The armor ring and the triangle rings were gifted to me by JewelMint. They gave me a few rings and I have had a lot of fun stacking them and making different combinations. I especially love the armor ring because it makes me feel like I’m going to fight some epic battle. The skirt is vintage and was a gift from mum and the socks were a gift from her boyfriend, who has excellent taste. The shoes were white when I bought them but I dunked them in a tub of RIT dye and poof, lilac sneakers (ok so maybe it involved a lot more “OW MOTHER OF PEARL THAT WAS BOILING WATER” “MOM IT LOOKS BROWN” I THINK THAT MIGHT BE FIRE” “OH MY GOD ABORT ABORT” but that’s besides the point.) Then I attacked them with some tape and a sharpie and now they are some of my most loved shoes.
Now on to Airborne Unicorn. I was hesitant to order form Lime Crime after reading quite a few bad reviews from sources I trust but it looked like the loveliest shade of lilac so I went for it and let me say it now, it was SO worth it. It was a little pricey (about 16 dollars without shipping) but this is coming from a 14 year old who doesn’t have a job, keep in mind. It arrived in the mail very soon after I ordered it which was a pleasant surprise. The box looked average from the outside but when I opened it it was like entering a world of pink unicorns and polkadots and happiness. I’m just going to come out and say it, I’m a total sucker for cute packaging and Lime Crime lived up to all of my wildest packaging hopes and dreams. As for the actual lipstick, it was exactly the shade the website displayed. It goes on pretty matte and stays for long amounts of time. It’s subtle but just purple enough to be weird. I love it and have been wearing it almost everyday. 
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment