Saturday, September 21, 2013

Just some stuff

So in a long round about way I'm back at this here old blog. I deleted it and took a break from blogging for a while then made a Tumblr but decided that that wasn't the platform I wanted to use so I found myself back here. It's nice to be back, like coming home in a way. I put all the posts from my Tumblr on here just so I wouldn't loose all my content.

A lot of things have happened in the past 6 months or so. I'm in high school now which is weird, parts of it are wonderful but parts of it are terrible and it's all very high school-y. I even have a cliched ponytail art teacher. (Hi Mr.Sobel) (He's actually a lovely person.) I have moments on a daily basis where it is further confirmed that I am, in fact Angela Chase and that yes, I'm still terrible at algebra. It's exactly what I expected and nothing at all like I expected. It's weird. Good weird, I think.
 I went to my first Fashion Week in New York a few weeks ago too. It was an incredible experience, to say the least. I was working backstage as an intern so I didn't really get to watch the shows (I saw one but for the others I had to stay backstage.) It was odd too though, and very surreal. It was like I was suddenly there with all these models and bloggers and designers who I've been fans of for years and I couldn't just be a fan anymore. I was part of it. It was crazy to realize that this is an actual thing I could do, that I am doing. It's much less glamourous then it's made to seem like but I kind of expected that. I honestly wasn't sure how I'd feel about but I ended up loving every minute of it. I was always one of the only ones backstage who wasn't wearing black which at first made me really self conscious but then I realized, I don't really care. They're just people and they chose to wear black. I'm just a person and I chose to wear a vintage DVF jumpsuit. Okay.
I wanted to write about NYFW earlier but I had to come home and be a normal teenager again for a little while.

Anyway, I plan on posting more soon. It's hard as I have to commute to school so I wake up at 4:30 in the morning (I don't want to talk about it.) and get home at around 5 or 6 in the evening. I'll be posting all sorts of stuff now too, some diary-ish stuff (next in the life of the average angsty teen, did she actually forget about that math test? Does the cute boy in her art class even know she exists?) some outfit and fashion posts as well as maybe some of my art and some beauty/hair things.

It's good to be back.
xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment