Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hi there, 
This post is much overdue but this last week has been crazy. Fourth of July was really busy as I had some close friends from LA staying with me and then right after that there was this huge arts festival in my town and I ended up staying at friends houses almost the entire weekend. Anyway, this outfit was inspired by a lot of the punk/glam (ugh I hate that word) editorials I’ve been seeing lately and the recent rise of the overall shorts. Now I usually couldn’t really care less about trends but I’ve actually really been enjoying all the overall shorts I’ve been seeing lately. I think they are really versatile and great for summer.
The below images are just a few of the many I collected when looking for inspiration for this outfit. I’m a little obsessed with Alice Dellal right now. Her beauty is so unique and different from other models and I love that she has stayed herself even though she has become so well known. I love her shaved head and have been contemplating shaving my head lately. Or maybe a pixie cut. I also kind of want to go blonde. Or maybe dye it lilac. Hm. Having hair is hard, there’s so many things I can do with it. 
I adored all the looks at the Met Gala and it was hard to just choose a few. (Ok, I wasn’t a huge fan of Miley Cyrus’s dress but I loved all the others. ) I am currently reading The Mortal Instruments series and loving it and I was ecstatic when I found out Lily Collins will be playing Clary. I am sure she will be great and she and Jaimie make the most beautiful couple. (On screen and off.) 
I think I may do a style inspiration post or maybe a DIY next. What do you guys think? 






 The pictures below are the result. I am really loving the hair style I did. I’ve seen a lot of girls who look absolutely gorgeous with a partially shaved head but I don’t know if I could pull it off so I opted for twisting the sides back. Super simple and it stays in place all day. As for makeup I went with the expected dark eyes/dark lips combo but I actually kind of love it. The lip color I’m wearing is actually a lip liner but the color is perfect so I use it as more of a lipstick. The color sort of reminds me of Angela Chase which makes me love it even more.
The jewelry was generously given to me by the lovely people at Jewelmint (I’ll put a link below) and happened to work perfectly with the outfit. I have actually been wearing this bracelet almost everyday, it goes with almost everything in my wardrobe. I hate the word “glam” but the necklace did add the little hint of sparkle and glamour I was looking for with this outfit.
I thrifted the overall shorts on a recent trip to Nashville and have been wearing them a ton this summer. They are super fun to pair with different sweaters and tights. I was so excited when I found these at a thrift store because I had already had my eye on a Topshop pair but they were 80 dollars and then I found these for $4! I was originally going to wear a tank top under the shorts but it was ridiculously hot outside so I decided to try a bandeau top instead. I love the look of it from the side and it is actually really comfortable and not too awkward to keep pulling up. As for shoes I don’t like the booties I ended up wearing but I couldn’t find anything in my closet that would have worked. I think I would have preferred a pair of creepers or black combat boots.


Xx, 
L
All photos from google, tumblr or Vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment